Old 12-19-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
gingerbread
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to gingerbread Send a message via Skype™ to gingerbread
OT: Ah Snow ! !
Well we are going to have a white Christmas this year. I live in Northern Virginia. We never ever get this much snow here. I love it, since we moved down here from Massachusetts no snow.
So I am going to enjoy this snow a lot. In fact my grandchildren have never seen this much in there lives. I bet out come the snow sleds.
Its funny this year for Christmas we are giving my grandson a new bike. Oh well maybe the roads will be a little better for him to try it out for now. Well gotta go and get my hot cocoa .

Teri

I am memere on Ravelry
gingerbread is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by gingerbread View Post
Well we are going to have a white Christmas this year. I live in Northern Virginia. We never ever get this much snow here. I love it, since we moved down here from Massachusetts no snow.
So I am going to enjoy this snow a lot. In fact my grandchildren have never seen this much in there lives. I bet out come the snow sleds.
Its funny this year for Christmas we are giving my grandson a new bike. Oh well maybe the roads will be a little better for him to try it out for now. Well gotta go and get my hot cocoa .
Hi there!!!! I/we live in Ohio (25 mi w of Cleveland) so we see SNOW for months..however, my neice born and raised here moved to VA to attend college and she is driving up here on Monday..So ironic, she will be driving in a storm (umm something she hates) but being from "here" I am confident she'll be o.k.

cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
My daughter lives in DC and got approval to come home for Christmas and now I don't know if she'll make it! She's supposed to fly in tomorrow.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
HollyP
Working the Gusset

Pictures??? All we got here in south eastern VA is RAIN rain and more rain! I really was hoping for snow!

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
stitchabit
1st Leg of the Journey

I wish I had pictures to share. I am in Asheville and we have about a foot now and more expected I moved here from Maine about 4 1/2 years ago. It is very different having everything closed down here, but it is really nice to just warm up the cocoa, knit and just enjoy it. When I lived in Maine I worked for Beacon Hospice, we just went, we drove in anything from below zero degrees to white outs. Of course we had the trucks and equipment to deal with it there. I am happy not to do that anymore.
The only problem here is that I haven't owned a shovel since I left Maine, so I am going out later with my garden shovel - at least just to move the top layer off of the driveway.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
Becky Morgan
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by HollyP View Post
Pictures??? All we got here in south eastern VA is RAIN rain and more rain! I really was hoping for snow!
Wish I could get one out the window here. Until then, try these...

http://wearecentralpa.com/content/we...aurelhighlands
Old 12-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

I'm down toward Charlottesville, VA and we're getting socked with snow. I took pictures of the dog out running around this morning and now there's another 8inches out there. We stuck a yardstick in the yard and at last check it was 21inches !!!
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
meowmeowmeow
Knitting the Flap

I live in the SF Bay Area of California.The most I'm expecting in terms of Christmas weather is a slight chill XD
All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment..."

-Nietzsche
meowmeowmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
sabrinasmom
Knitting the Flap

We got the kind I love- enough to cover the ground but the roads are clear the next day. Of course they will be icy tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #10
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
It was 81F here today.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote