Old 01-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
paiva
Ribbing the Cuff

I can't do a cross-stitch!? HELP!
This is slightly embarassing as I can cable like nobody's business...
I am in the thick of a lace pattern which calls for a right cross stitch and I simply cannot get my needles around it....
is there any videos of cross-stitch? I know that it's basically a 1 x 1 cable..but I think that if I actually SEE it being done instead of trying to fuss around reading the pattern it may help..or perhaps someone has an explanation (step by step) to help me through the x-st. THANKS!
--paiva
paiva is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I don't know of a video, but someone may have a link. You knit into the 2nd stitch first, leave it on the needle, then knit into the first st and let them both off. Or you can actually put the first st on a mini holder or paperclip, hold it behind your work and knit the 2nd st, then the first one. Maybe doing it like that a couple times will show you how the sts look and you can do it without putting the one on a holder.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
paiva
Ribbing the Cuff

lifesaver!
I actually thought about slipping it into a cable needle just until I get the hang of it....I did find a couple videos on youtube but the quality was so bad that it was very hard to see what she was doing....
I'm going to treat it just as I would treat any other cable until I get the hang of what it looks like... THANK YOU!
paiva is offline   Reply With Quote