Old 12-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
chj
1st Leg of the Journey

New Year's Resolution
In 2010 I resolve not to buy any more yarn until the stash I have is down to 1 bin or less! It does not matter how many coupons are sent to me by Michael's and Jo-Ann's. I will not buy any. None. I swear. I will knit with what I have and be content with that. (Not sure who I am trying to convince here!)

Addicted to knitting...
chj is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
sarahandus
Ribbing the Cuff

Good luck! Should we start a knitters anonymous for your support?
sarahandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
chj
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by sarahandus View Post
Good luck! Should we start a knitters anonymous for your support?
Hee hee! I was getting to the point that I knew I should knit more and buy less, then 2 of my coworkers gave me a gift card to Jo-Ann for Christmas! I told them that was like giving drugs to an addict. So I guess I need that KA chapter.

P.S., I already spent the gift card...

Addicted to knitting...
chj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
DorothyDot
Knitting the Flap

I pledge in this New Year to always have something difficult on needles... and something that's pretty much a no-brainer.

The one to help hone my skills; the other to help me relax and let go of stress.

Now, in between those two projects.... !
Dot

PS - I also pledge (someone hold me to this, please!!!) to write an article every two months about some aspect of knitting and post it on my website. And here, if I'm allowed?

My words sell the Magic of a Dream

DorothyDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
UruzPhoenix
1st Leg of the Journey

so what you're saying is it's time to binge shop for yarn over the next couple of days?

OTN
more socks.... pics of past projects up at my blog.

my knitting blog
HeathenWytch on Ravelry
UruzPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
wadcorbe
Ribbing the Cuff

I too also pledge to use up my stash before buying anymore yarn. I also resolve to FINISH WHAT I START!!! And thirdly, I will knit something for myself. Happy new years everybody!!
wadcorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
I put a small dent in my stash yesterday. My oldest DD recently discovered knitting and she's addicted. She just moved to a new home after Thanksgiving and now has her next door neighbor (who was already a friend) addicted as well. I met them at one of our LYS yesterday and knew they'd suffer sticker shock. But hey, ya gotta start somewhere right? LOL I remember the first time I walked into a LYS. It does take some getting used the higher prices with the nicer yarns. They didn't buy anything but I did! Bought some Cascade Pima Tencel that was 50% off - couldn't resist it with all the new babies popping up around me. Also bought another ball of the James C. Brett Marble ... but before meeting them, I pulled out two kitchen trash bags about 2/3 full to help them start their yarn stash. Some was given to me that I'm simply not going to use; some leftover from previous projects; some I've already used for a project and probably won't use again, etc. Needless to say, they were doing the happy dance when they got home and dumped those bags on the floor. LOL I'm looking foward to seeing what they do with it.

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
XxavoOo
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by WandaT View Post
LOL I'm looking foward to seeing what they do with it.
I'm gonna do exactly the same thing with a friend I've been teaching how to knit and another that started doing crochet (she insists that knitting is too hard). It's mean but practical!

I solemnly promise myself that I will knit more things for others than for myself (once I finish my hat and I learn how to do entrelac correctly). This year has been too selfish!

Smiling and knitting
XxavoOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
AngelaR
Turning the Heel

I will finally finish the throw I started years ago for the living room couch. 2010 is the year I will finally get that sucker done... and start the pillow covers for my old pillows that no longer go with anything in my house.

However, I will not even think of not buying more yarn. NO NO NO NO NO, UH UH! We need a holding my breath until I turn blue smiley
AngelaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
I need to finish SYLVI, a hooded coat that I began in January 2009. Can't believe it is still sitting there, waiting to be "lined" and re-seamed and re-finished.

I put so much work into it in 2009...and when it was finally ALL DONE...tried it on...and the sleeves were hanging below my fingertips. The sheer weight of the coat pulled the raglan yokes south...and with it went my sleeves. Ack.

So disappointing. And discouraging.

I bought the lining...and the coat is disassembled...and waiting..................................

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote