Old 01-14-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
Sarah6485
Casting On

So many projects, so little time!
I'm planning a trip to the LYS this Saturday with the BFF and I have no idea where I even want to start for shopping! I have so many projects and needles I want to get, and I just want it ALL right now! Plus they're having a 20% off sale off everything in the store. *sigh* Maybe I'll make a list of what projects are on the top of the list and then just get stuff for those first and then go back later when I finish those.

So excited!
Sarah6485 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
OldSkool
Ribbing the Cuff

I think you're doing the right thing; buying what you need vs what you want. You need stuff for your upcoming projects, so get that first. There will be other sales!
Good luck!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:47 AM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,763 Times in 7,131 Posts
Oh yeah, my queue is so long I have to live to 200 to even come close to finishing! And that's assuming I don't add anything.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
Sarah6485
Casting On

Yeah my queue is 11 pages long on Ravelry. Oi vey.

What I'm mildly irritated with the fact that a lot of my friends have seen me knitting and ask me to make them something, and I have stupidly agreed. So now I have a bunch of promised projects for my friends, and some have already hinted at when they'll get their item!! I don't think they realize how much time goes into knitting these things, esp since I haven't had the time/money to go get supplies. It's not like I can knit with pencils and my own hair!!!
Sarah6485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
laikabear
Turning the Heel

I had that happen a lot when I first started knitting. One of my first projects was an intarsia bag that was felted and lined, because my friend saw it and wanted one. I don't even think she really liked it! At least, I've never seen it since I gave it to her.

I've since learned to deflect requests for gifts unless the request is from a close friend and is something reasonable. An acquaintance asking for a sweater, er, no! I think some of the best-appreciated gifts I've knitted have been surprises, and they have certainly brought me more enjoyment than "obligation knitting."

My advice is to develop a nice way to decline, unless it's something you'll enjoy making and the person will really appreciate.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
AngelaR
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Oh yeah, my queue is so long I have to live to 200 to even come close to finishing! And that's assuming I don't add anything.
You said it, sister! And I keep getting more ideas from all of the folks here. I may have to order a new terabyte hard drive just to store all of the patterns, articles, etc. that I've spent time collecting and add all the new stuff I see here.
OTN: Writer's Cardigan
OTN: Hats!
http://www.ravelry.com/people/ARichter
AngelaR is offline   Reply With Quote