Old 01-31-2010, 12:47 AM   #31
meowmeowmeow
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Rosey2376 View Post
What I love more than knitting (is that possible?), and talking about knitting is ORGANISING
LOL! I'm the type of person who will see a messy room and offer to come over and sort it with you later. I love re-tetris-ing a room for better traffic flow.I reorganize the living room about once every other month

Just yesterday my bf and I moved the bed against the wall, moved the floating nightstand,my typewriter stuff(<3333),his bass guitar and some storage stuff to a different place to make room for a *dun duh da DA!* sewing desk And somehow there is more room in here than before.I'm telling you, re-tetris-ing.

In a couple days we're going to basically raid every thrift store we know exists like mad people in search of such a desk to fill the new void and a nice trunk like the one I keep my yarn in for spare blankets to place at the foot of the bed.Ah, I love thrift stores.
All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment..."

-Nietzsche
meowmeowmeow is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #32
Sknitter56
Knitting the Flap

You all have inspired me. I sat down with my wooden spools and made this organizer a little while ago. Now, I have an idea of what circs I have. I have more, but they are too big to fit through the holes of the spools, so I'll have to drill them out some.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	circ org 2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	54096  
Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies subject to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future and crimes from society. Benjamin Franklin

Sknitter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sknitter56 For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (01-31-2010), melmac51 (02-02-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #33
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by Sknitter56 View Post
You all have inspired me. I sat down with my wooden spools and made this organizer a little while ago. Now, I have an idea of what circs I have. I have more, but they are too big to fit through the holes of the spools, so I'll have to drill them out some.
Wonderful idea! spools! who woulda thought of it! Thanks for the photo!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #34
laikabear
Turning the Heel

Wow you guys are so organized!

I have my stash in Rubbermaids so I can't actually look at it unless I haul them out. :(

I have 2 bookshelves from Ikea I need to assemble. My latest book purchases have put my current bookshelves over their limit!

Last edited by laikabear : 01-31-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Missed some of the replies
laikabear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to laikabear For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (02-03-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #35
Sknitter56
Knitting the Flap

Here's the website I found in case you're interested. This only took about 15 minutes to do.
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/project..._needle_holder
Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies subject to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future and crimes from society. Benjamin Franklin

Sknitter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sknitter56 For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (02-03-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 11:55 PM   #36
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
Originally Posted by laikabear View Post
I have 2 bookshelves from Ikea I need to assemble. My latest book purchases have put my current bookshelves over their limit!
What I like about the Ikea ones (if they are the same as mine) is that you can get doors for them. It helps keep your stash clean and it looks so pretty and colorful through the glass doors.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #37
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by Sknitter56 View Post
Here's the website I found in case you're interested. This only took about 15 minutes to do.
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/project..._needle_holder
That is just so darn cool! Love it!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #38
melmac51
Turning the Heel

You organizers are inspiring me! Your rooms (and spools) look beautiful!! I want to leave work right now, go home and start attacking my "craft room"!

...and Meowmeow, I think you and my DH are "astral twins". He has an LP Album collection that he probably started when he was 10 years old. He's 55 now, so you can only imagine. (Literally hundreds of albums!!) They're arranged in alphabetical order by artist, and when he has more than one by the same artist, they are arranged chronologically by year. We've had several floods, so some of the album covers (and art) have been lost, but he found some 12" x 12" manilla envelopes, and made his own (minus the art of course, but still a protective sleeve.). He has everything from rock, blues, 80's music, etc.

I had to laugh at your "re-tetrising". I can totally relate!

Last edited by melmac51 : 02-02-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: kept leaving things out.
melmac51 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to melmac51 For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (02-02-2010)
Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #39
meowmeowmeow
Knitting the Flap

Quote:
...and Meowmeow, I think you and my DH are "astral twins". He has an LP Album collection that he probably started when he was 10 years old. He's 55 now, so you can only imagine. (Literally hundreds of albums!!)
:O I almost wish I could jump to age 55 just to know what my LP collection would be like then.I just started sometime before Thanksgiving.

I have neighbors that listen to really loud rap so I have to counter that with really loud -what I call-"good music". They are probably ridiculously confused at this point as my "good music" can be anything from punk to reggae to metal to classical and opera.I can say with complete confidence that no one else in this neighborhood has Wagner records *ahem* or secretly conducts along to the songs when no one is looking >_>

Quote:
I had to laugh at your "re-tetrising". I can totally relate!
How much more of a nerd does it make me if I admit to singing the song while I rearrange...every time?
All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment..."

-Nietzsche
meowmeowmeow is offline   Reply With Quote