Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
Bumpkin
Casting On

Newbie question - stuck with this pattern
Hi everyone, I've just joined and so happy to find your site. I've recently picked up my knitting needles again and loving it but am getting stuck on this pattern (as I'm new they are not allowing me to post a link, it is the visoppskrift baby hat on garnstudio!)

I'm making the hat in the smallest size (nearly finished the first 4cm rib (k2, p2) with 96 sts). They now say -

When rib measures 4cm change to circular needle size 4 mm, K 1 round, P 1 round and then K 1 round, AT THE SAME TIME inc 4 sts evenly = 100 sts.

I do not know what they mean AT THE SAME TIME..evenly, do I increase 4 sts at the start of the last knit row.. or when do I do this?

I hope someone can help me
THANKS so much
Hugs
Catherine
Bumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
lissaplus2
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to lissaplus2
Quote:
When rib measures 4cm change to circular needle size 4 mm, K 1 round, P 1 round and then K 1 round, AT THE SAME TIME inc 4 sts evenly = 100 sts. I do not know what they mean AT THE SAME TIME..evenly, do I increase 4 sts at the start of the last knit row.. or when do I do this?
You would increase during the round. So scatter 4 increases somewhere along the last row.
Evenly means you would divide the total stitches by 4 and put an increase there....say if you had 40 stitches on your needle....you would put an increase after every 10th stitch.

hope that helps...
Melissa

lissaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Bumpkin
Casting On

Originally Posted by lissaplus2 View Post
You would increase during the round. So scatter 4 increases somewhere along the last row.
Evenly means you would divide the total stitches by 4 and put an increase there....say if you had 40 stitches on your needle....you would put an increase after every 10th stitch.

hope that helps...
Melissa
Melissa, you are a star, thank you SO much. I get it now
Catherine
Bumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote