Old 03-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Debbie
Working the Gusset

Weekend Retreat
I have a Lendrum wheel and I have "played" at learning to spin for about a year, but never really taken the time to master any technique or figure out what to do with the yarn after it is on the bobbin.

This weekend I am going to the Florida Tropical Weavers Guild Annual Conference. http://www.ftwg.org/conference.htm

I am going to spend THREE days with Joan Ruane http://www.cottonspinning.com/ learn everything there is to know about my wheel and how to use it!

I am so excited. The retreat center "is on the shores of Lake Yale. Relax under the beautiful oaks as we leave the cares of the world behind for 4 days of fiber fun and fellowship. Located near Eustis, Florida, an hour north of Orlando, your hotel room is right here along with a cafeteria where all meals are provided. We offer a full schedule of activities including your choice of a 3 day workshop with an outstanding instructor, a juried fiber exhibit, fashion show, guild exhibits, commercial vendors and more."

DID YOU SEE THAT ..... VENDORS = SHOPPING !!!

I can't wait! I have promised myself I will take pictures and write about my adventure!

Oddly enough, I am also looking forward to the fact that I will not know anyone who is there.... nothing to distract me from learning everything I can about spinning. But, I do plan on making some new friends

Any of you in Central Florida planning to go ??

I am DebbieKnits on Ravelery
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Enjoy, and don't forget to take time to relax and meet people.

cacunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Debbie
Working the Gusset

I had an amazing weekend! I learned everything there is to know about my wheel and maintaining it. We practiced short draw, long draw, worsted/ woolen. I learned how to spin cotton. We carded, we piled, we kniddy, knoddied and we hanked ! The weather was beautiful, the people were fantastic, my teacher was brilliant and I am excited about practicing and producing beautiful yarn.

I am DebbieKnits on Ravelery
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote