Old 03-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
astonh
Turning the Heel

Celtic Tote (Row 56) - Not Making Sense?
So BEFORE row 56 we have 68 sts (29 ea for two cables, 8 sts between cables, and 1 st each edge - markers are one st in from edge - this is consistent with pattern instructions)

Row 56 of chart (a knit row): K1, ssk removing marker from between sts worked together, work in patt to last 3 sts, k2tog removing marker from between worked tog, k1--66 sts, 1 edge st, 28 cable sts each side, 8 sts between cables)

HERE'S my question. If I K1 then I'm already at my marker. Doing a ssk does not constitute knitting together 2 sts on either side of a marker. the marker is BEFORE the ssk, so do I remove the marker anyway OR keep that marker to separate the edge st from the body or am I, quite probably, just reading this ALL WRONG???

Please advise. MANY THANKS!

FO: Garter Stitch Baby Kimono, Baby Roots Cardigan, Knitted Baby Hat, Custom Adjustable Felted Guitar Strap, Flirtation Cozy, Modified Knit Coffee Sleeve, Scarf, My So-Called Scarf, Baby Converse Shoes, Balaclava, Various Dish/Wash Cloths

www.trowelanderror.blogspot.com
Oh...and I'm heajames on Ravelry
astonh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Abby123
Knitting the Flap

Alot of patterns call for one knit stitch (k on RS, p on WS) at the edge. And the decreases are worked one stitch inside the edge. I think it is to help with seaming.

I'd be more concerned with keeping the alignment on the cables. If there is plain stockinette worked before the cables, I'd put a marker before the first cable & after the last. That way, you know where they begin, regardless of the decreases at the edge.
Abby123 is offline   Reply With Quote