Old 03-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
bsh8rc
Ribbing the Cuff

Hat Help
I am knitting a hat and I'm having a bit of trouble with the patter (and I'm not sure why).

Here is the pattern:
Quote:
Hat: Worked in the round in stockinette st. Cast on 15 sts on double pointed needles size 4 mm [US 6] with 2 threads Alpaca. K 1 round. On next round work 2 sts in each st = 30 sts. Insert 3 Marking Threads (MT) in piece with 10 sts between each and now inc 1 st on each side of all MT on every other round a total of 10-11-12 times = 90-96-102 sts. Remember the knitting gauge! Continue in stockinette st until piece measures approx 30-32-34 cm [11-12-13 3/8] and bind off loosely. Sew a thread up and down in cast on row and tighten it to form the top of hat.
For the "work 2 sts in each st" I did a knit one front and back. I was doing make ones for the increase 1 stitch but it isn't looking so great since I have to knit it on DPNs (blegh). Also since I have to make one before and after each stitch marker does this mean that there is supposed to be more than 10 stitches between each of them?

I have no idea why this pattern is giving me so much trouble, it seemed so simple. lol

Thanks for the help in advance.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Yep, 'work 2 sts in each st' is kfb, so now you have 30 sts. Then inc/m1 on each side of the marker. Every time you inc there's more than 10 sts between markers - 12, 14, 16, etc.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote