Old 05-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
JLonier
1st Leg of the Journey

Holy cow addi's are expensive. Glad I discovered the knitpicks first. I have options and harmony and love them both. I also own Denise and Hiya Hiya and use my KP's almost exclusively. I use my Denise when I want to knit something really small in the round or when I've got something very, very large. I wish KP would figure out a way to join cables together the way the Denise needles do and make some smaller cords. They Hiya Hiya's have really, really short needles which I found awkward and I had issues with them coming apart no matter how I tightened them. Just my experience I know people that have never had it happen and I've had it happen with just about every set of circs at one time or another.
JLonier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JLonier For This Useful Post:
RoseFairy (05-07-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by JLonier View Post
Holy cow addi's are expensive....
Yes they are expensive, and sadly, they're not perfect for every project either. I actually haven't found a brand that covers all bases.

I am working on the Allegra Jacket now, and using Fleece Artist Woolie Silk 3-ply...and started out using the Addi Clicks. Had to discontinue using them cuz the Woolie Silk hung up or snagged going over the join. D***.

Believe it or not, I switched to a vintage pair of silvery green Susan Bates circs. It is (30") US6 and is my fav of favs! Just the right tip, and the cord is very compliant! Oy vey!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
RoseFairy (05-07-2010)
Old 05-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #13
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Quote:
I wish KP would figure out a way to ..... make some smaller cords. They Hiya Hiya's have really, really short needles which I found awkward
That's the problem you're going to find with any interchangeables in shorter lengths; the needles have got to be really short in order to have enough cord that will curve around and still not be too long an overal length.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #14
Lovebug
Casting On

I mostly use circular knitting needles when I knit. I find them easier to use. I prefer the bamboo ones, in my opinion they're great. The brand I use is Clover.
Lovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovebug For This Useful Post:
RoseFairy (05-07-2010), RuthieinMaryland (05-06-2010)
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #15
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Hi! Here's where I give my usual rave about KP's nickel plated Options! They are AWESOME!!! For some weird reason or other I picked up another pair of needles I have here and it was like stepping into an alternate reality or something! Believe it, I scurried right back to the Options and breathed a big sight of relief.

Between the quality of the Options set and the amazing Knit Picks customer service you can't go wrong!

Good luck,

Ruthie
RoseFairy (05-07-2010)