Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
H E L L O

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Jackie Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-21-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #92
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Jackie Lim View Post
H E L L O
Hi!

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-21-2010)
Old 07-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #93
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi friends,
BIG NEWS! Emmelyn and Amit broke up! She's boxing up stuff of his that she has and has changed her FB status (so has he) so it's official, and, I hope, final!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (07-26-2010)
Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #94
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Hi friends,
BIG NEWS! Emmelyn and Amit broke up! She's boxing up stuff of his that she has and has changed her FB status (so has he) so it's official, and, I hope, final!
Sounds pretty final to me. I'm glad she's realised she can do better. Hope she's OK, break ups are hard.

xxx

cacunn (07-24-2010)
Old 07-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #95
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I'm home from Baton Rouge! That was a LONG drive.

Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
Then this afternoon I got dressed and we went to a petting farm and I PET A HORSE!!! I was uncomfortable, but I was not scared. It might take a few more tries before I am comfortable, I think.
You should go in search of a dwarf miniature horse foal. We visited an old friend of my mom's, once, who has an exotic animal farm, and she had a baby dwarfed miniature horse. It was small enough to fit in my backpack, and far to cute to make anyone uncomfortable. Then you can work your way up to regular-sized horses.

Last weekend I found out that the barn where I used to ride is closed, or at least that's how it appears - the farm sign is down and the drive is chained.
I miss my buddy Little John. I should have bought him when I had the chance, even though I certainly didn't have the money. He's a good horse for anyone to ride, but he and I had a special connection. The barn manager offered to sell or lease him to me almost every time he saw me (all of the horses were available for sale or lease, and we knew it, but David usually didn't go out of his way to offer a horse to someone), and my instructor taught me to do things that made my classmates resent me.

Gina - That's great news! It's too bad she had to go through that tho.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-24-2010)
Old 07-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #96
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Had to share my new favorite photo of my brother.

He looks so young! (He IS only 21, but usually he looks older in photos)

And, from this 4th of July, my fave pic of Teenie and Brent:

Aren't they adorable? lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-24-2010), The.Knitter (07-25-2010)
Old 07-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #97
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

I started the training for my new job today. I can't decide how I feel about it. On the one hand I know that once I get started it will probably be a lot of fun. On the other hand I've been bombarded with worse case scenario information that has made me wonder if I'm up to it. I know that I have to give it a fair chance and all that. I'm just a bit down. Hopefully things will pick up tomorrow. The job itself starts next week so maybe by this time next week I will feel better about everything.

In other news, my shawl is blocking and there are pics on my blog.

cacunn (07-26-2010)
Old 07-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #98
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
hi everyone!
Gina great news!
Christine great! You can do this

I"ve been busy, hence the non posting in a while....I had a few pages to catch up on, dont have time to comment on everyones goings on. As if I wasn't busy enough I have started, today, watching a 2 year old boy. He's a great grandbaby of a good friend from Church. Daddy is trying to get full custody, long story short Mom is a wack job & is now only 16 or 17, she was 14 when she had him, told daddy she was 18, he's only 22. I feel old Anyway he's paying me $100 a week & that will hopefully help pay off a big visa bill. That and hopefully we can sell Dh's mustang for a couple grand and that will help the visa too. I hate credit cards, I should cut it up, I really should. Then I'd be forced to pay cash for everything. Anyway in other news, I also got into my AP2 lab that I have to re-take. I was on the waiting list, but I did get in. I start classes Aug. 31. Kids go back to school on Aug. 17th.
Bailey is fighting a UTI, we're getting an ultrasound of her kidneys tomorrow, since this is her second UTI doc wants to make sure she's ok. If the ultrasound looks good we'll leave it at that, if they dont then we get to schedule another proceedure & get a cath. put in and dye into her bladder to make sure it's not going back up into her kidneys; that wouldn't be good.

2 weeks ago I 'rescued' my brother from the ER where he stayed overnight for being combative, drunk & suicidal... not the first time. Please pray that he stays on his bipolar RX and gets some help. I'm so scared we're going to loose him (moreso than we already have) and I dont want to. I felt awful for saying that it'd have been 'nice' if his room mate hadn't called 911 and just let him slit his self; the (through the wall) neighbor said he was yelling and begging people to shoot him or kill him someway. Then when no one would he went inside and before going to bed was trying to cut himself; the room mate faught him and he said when he was in the ER he kept trying to knock himself out with his fist. Why do people do this? I dont understand it.

ok so hope you all are having a great summer & knitting some or lots. to everyone.
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-26-2010)
Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #99
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

I finished my shawl!

Now I've gotta decide what to knit next, socks perhaps?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-29-2010), ewalker (07-29-2010)
Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #100
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Rachejm - Congrats!

Julie - wow, you've been busy. I hope everything settles down and everyone is okay!

I just got the preliminary TA schedule for next semester, and I can't decide how I feel about it. I'd been expecting 3 sections of 101, basically the same thing I did last semester, except easier because I've done it before.

Instead, I'm down for 2 sections (they're longer labs) of 220 - Molecular Genetics and Cellular Biology. One part of me is going Majors course! There are a LOT of advantages to TAing actual majors courses, as opposed to gen eds.

The other part of me is much more cautious about the idea. I'm not a Cell bio expert by any means. Yes, I could probably run PCR in my sleep at this point, and I'm sure that we will do some of that... but surely there was someone in the cell bio sequence who was more qualified than me! Cell bio at my alma mater was HARD. This is my second semesters TAing... are they really sure I'm ready for this?

So I'm kind of going eep! right now.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-29-2010), jberry16 (07-31-2010)