Old 07-31-2010, 09:42 PM   #111
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
OK in Canada they use DRY water in pools.
They have dry ice, why not dry water?

For a communications project in High School, I once made a commercial for dehydrated water. Just add water, and drink! Tastes just like regular water!

I just found out that my grandpa has cancer (multiple myeloma). We'll learn more Monday. Thus far, we've been told it isn't curable, but it is treatable. I have some idea of what's going on, by virtue of several years of biology classes, even though my parents really couldn't explain anything to me.
This is the man from whom my brother got his perpetual energy (along with his curly, blond hair and crazy-blue, smiling, sparkly eyes... I got his squinty-eyed grin, go figure). He's been retired for probably 15 years, but he helps people with, well, pretty much anything, just because he likes to keep busy.

Here's praying that 'treatable' leaves him energy to do some of the things he's always loved. Maybe not waking up at ridiculously-early o'clock to shovel eighteen inches of snow off of the walk of younger folks (which is just insane at the best of times.), or helping to re-roof somebody's house when it's a hundred degrees out, but mowing his own grass, planting his tomatoes, riding his little motorcycle around town.

And, to round out prayer requests: I also found out my mom's cousin was just diagnosed with MS, and another cousin's son-in-law was in a bad motorcycle accident and they don't know whether he'll be paralyzed or not, as he broke several vertebrae. (I believe I've mentioned my mom's tendency to not tell me anything, and then suddenly dump a whole heap of bad news on my lap.)

Happier news: Visited Abraham Lincoln National Historic Site in Springfield with the parents today (While my brother was at the lake with his best friend's family and his new girlfriend... lucky brat). It's a nice place, lots of friendly interpretive guides.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #112
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
I'm working on Girasole by Jarred Flood & it's a quick knit. I started on Tues & today I'm to 640 sts per round...that takes a while

Has anyone been to jimmybeanswool.com lately? they have a "wool watcher" where throughout the day they choose different yarns to go on sale and I just got 2 skeins of debbie bliss 100% silk for 50% off!
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #113
jberry16
Instepping Out

OT some lightning pictures I took last night.

The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (08-05-2010)
Old 08-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #114
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Great shots Julie! Love them!!!

Chris, was there a lovely pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

Frank has a friend who is lending him a book that has all sorts of Murphy's Law quotes, so I am going to post one on my Facebook each day! Sounds like fun to me.

No knitting the last few days! I've been reading Janet Evanovich "The Stephanie Plum" series. Funny books!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-05-2010)
Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #115
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Yes Chris that is who I meant, or perhaps Frank!

I know about Evanovich, she is highly addictive, however the withdrawal is much easier than some, so I will take my chances!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #116
jberry16
Instepping Out

I know I'm busy and so I assume everyone else is too, maybe that's why it's so quiet in here?
Old 08-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #117
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

I finished the training for the job and have just done my first week. Its been good but really tiring. I haven't been doing much, just sitting watching DVDs of the Gilmore Girls. I bought yarn today to start an Irish Hiking Scarf, I figured something interesting but fairly simple was the way to go. I'm also trying to catch up on some reading for my course.

Hope you are all ok!

xxx

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:01 AM   #118
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

busy? heck yes.

Friday night was my 5 year high school reunion, which wound up being more bizarre than expected. I recognized almost everyone (or else could place them as a significant other)... except this vaguely familiar guy in the corner. Tall-ish, slightly gangly, a little scruffy and honestly kind of cute... and who the heck was he!? I finally snuck a look at his nametag, and immediately felt like a complete idiot.

Oh yes, the stranger in the corner was my best friend for seven years. OK, so he's lost 80 pounds and grown a beard... and I've been going out of my way to avoid him since we were fourteen... but I still feel like I should have recognized him.

The two of us and three mutual friends hung out and chatted all night, which was in many ways more bizarre than not recognizing him. It's confusing to spend time with the person who has held such disparate positions in my life, and I haven't yet decided whether it was a good thing or not.

I can't wait for school to start up so I can get back to a regular schedule!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #119
jberry16
Instepping Out

just had to share an intersting picture...
Old 08-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #120
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I need to knit one of those for my car!