Old 01-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #341
SandyL
Casting On

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
Here's our Christmas card photo this year, Merry Christmas to all of my KH family!
Julie, how did you make only the lights in color? Is there a photoshop plugin for that? It made for an awesome family picture! Oh and tell your husband that I have a couple kids he can tape too

Last edited by SandyL : 01-21-2011 at 05:16 PM.
SandyL is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #342
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi friends!
Sorry I've been MIA. I somehow stopped getting notifications and have either been having headaches, tests, guests or doctor's appointments.

The guests are now gone (my folks--first visit for Christmas since we moved here 21+ years ago!) and I haven't had a headache in five days!!!! I had facet joint injections last Thursday. the relief was instant. It won't last, but it tells us where the problem is. I see the doc on Thursday to find out what we can do for a permanent solution.

Now to take care of the reflux and get my voice back permanently! I should get results from those tests next week.

Sounds like y'all had a good Christmas?!? The knits I've seen are lovely!

Christine, how did the colonoscopy turn out?

I know I'm missing lots of stuff....Sorry!
Hope you're all doing well!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #343
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

SandyL:
You can colorize certain parts using layers - add a black and white layer and erase or mask that layer so that you can see the color layer behind it for whatever you want to colorize. I use GIMP, so I can't tell you exactly how to do it in Photoshop... and there may be a better way. (or you can desaturate using a paintbrush)

Gina: Good to hear from you. Hope everything gets worked out with your health!

Tonight was my Grandpa's visitation. He knew pretty much the entire town, and had helped most of them with SOMETHING, so it was a big one.
When I was little, my great-great aunt Ida died and we had an auction to sell off the leftover stock from her old general store (that closed in the 60s or 70s). I collected buttons, and there were two tins of buttons that I wanted. My grandpa bought them for me. I don't know how much he paid, but people tell me it was a ridiculous amount.

So I went out yesterday and bought a faux-brass button that looked like just like some of those buttons (except the antique ones really were brass) and put one of Copper's feathers through it and put it in Grandpa's pocket.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #344
G J
Instepping Out

Emily, sorry to hear about your grandpa. He sounds like quite a guy!

Christine, you're in my prayers! Thanks for keeping us posted, Chris!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (01-19-2011), The.Knitter (01-29-2011)
Old 01-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #345
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by SandyL View Post
Julie, how did you make only the lights in color? Is there a photoshop plugin for that? It made for an awesome family picture! Oh and tell your husband that I have a couple kids he can tape too
Sorry haven't been on in forever, it's a program that just adds color to b&w or visa versa, called color select studio. Thanks & I think with the 3 that got taped & the one that's due in a few months we've got our hands full with kids...unless you have one that is old enough to babysit?
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #346
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
OK my knitting family, here is the news. The colonoscopy revealed some pre-cancerous pollops that must be removed by taking out part of my large intestine. I am going to a surgeon on Monday to see when this will be done. I will advise you all. I am sorry I did not post before now, I have been in shock and upset and just in a state of total disbelief. I am getting over that now. Thanks for your continued support and prayers. They are appreciated!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-30-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #347
G J
Instepping Out

CHristine, I'm SO GLAD they are PRE-cancerous polyps. Removing PART of your colon will not be fun, but is better than removing ALL of it and having colon cancer! I've had pre-cancerous polyps removed....I'm really young for that, but colon cancer runs in my family. You will CONTINUE to be in my prayers!!!!

Y'all, please pray for my friend's son, Tanner. He's 14 and was just diagnosed with an aggressive form of bone cancer. The same friend's daughter is currently in a treatment program for other issues. The family needs prayer!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #348
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
. I am sorry I did not post before now, I have been in shock and upset and just in a state of total disbelief.
No need to apologise, we all understand. I would be in total shock too. Just concentrate on the treatment and getting better, at least they caught it. Thinking of you.

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (02-04-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #349
mamapaulsel
Working the Gusset

I knit socks from the top down and use DPN's. My problem is that no matter how tight I knit on the gusset SSK side I always get a ladder. Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem? I'd appreciate any help that all you sock knitters can give me. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #350
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Thanks for keeping us updated Christine.
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (02-04-2011)