Old 06-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #31
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I passed my test for orange belt today!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-04-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-04-2010, 06:28 AM   #32
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Hey all,

Well done on the belt, Jess!!!

Gina Em will talk about it when she's ready, but I'm glad that she is no longer with him, just let her know you're there if she needs you.

Christine , I won't bother adding more advice, I think Chris has that covered.

So, I gave up on cross stitch again, having finished off chart two. I looked at chart three and just trying to figure out where to start gave me a headache so I decided to leave it for a bit. I picked up a blanket to knit while I watch tennis instead. Its a log cabin I started at the beginning of last year, then ditched for a baby blanket that needed doing more quickly. Since I put this one down I really haven't had the will to go back to it, its such a lot of garter stitch. However, as I sat watching Rafa Nadal on Weds I felt a little cold, and remembered this blanket, that is just big enough to cover my knees while I knit it. Its got warmer now so progress is slowing again. Maybe its time to cast on a new sock.

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-04-2010), jess_hawk (06-04-2010), The.Knitter (06-04-2010)
Old 06-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #33
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Jess: Congratulations on passing your orange!

Julie: Thanks for the support, as always!

Chris: Where to I begin to thank you for putting into words something that will probably give you nightmares for a few nights now. At times I am so muddled and befuddled. I did not think about the fact that even though I no longer take those God forsaken pills, they are still coming out of my system and all at once now. For now I have a small dosage of diazepam keeping me level, but I still feel times when my chest feels like someone is sitting on me. When I asked the GP for counselling help, he said "it is not in my area of expertese". I am so glad to be getting rid of him on TUESDAY at 2:15 p.m. However, now my doctor will be one hour away by car. This is my DH's doctor and he is really easy to talk to, and thorough. I quite like the man.

We had couples counselling last night and the counsellor, like Chris, did not seem surprised that this argument had excillated so quickly and fiercly. He also said it was the drugs coming out of my system, and NOT a nervous breakdown. I also had hydrotherapy yesterday and the therapist said "if you had had a real nervous breakdown you would not be here today, you would be home in bed not functioning. The fact that you got up, got dressed, cleaned your house, visited with a minister at your house and made him tea and then came here proves that this is NOT a nervous breakdown. It does however prove that you need some attention in areas of your life, where counselling will probably benefit you". I told her I was taking counselling and she said that was a good thing.

I met a new knitting person recently and she suggested that for a while until I am more calm, I do only mindless knitting. I had a sock OTN, just a plain sock, and I had it past the gusset, so the other day I knit until I was to the toes. Today I will try to knit the toes in and then I will leave the grafting for another time, I'll just put the stitches onto holders for now and start on sock #2, going round and round.

The minister I met yesterday is from a "community" church down the street. It is a non-denominational church. The pastor was really good with me and I quite enjoyed talking with him. When school lets out, he is bringing a group of boys here and they are going to paint my apartment in lighter, brighter colours to help with the depression! I can't wait for that to happen! We are going to church on Sunday for the first time in a very long time! I know it will help me, I hope it helps my husband too. It will give us a sense of community!

The Bible I was given is the one used by this church, so I am once again grateful to my guardian angel for sending that to me! xoxo

The bad news is that when the manager of the trailer park went in to show the trailer to some prospective buyers, the ceiling in the bedroom has gone rotten and is ready to fall in. That means our "insurance policy" money (from selling said trailer) is out the window because we will have to get rid of it instead. We are quite upset about this because we thought we would get about $5,000.00 for the trailer. I am going to check and see if the ceiling in the bedroom is covered by the insurance, but at this point I am not hopeful! Right now I am so broke I can't pay attention.......

And life goes on.........

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-04-2010), jess_hawk (06-04-2010)
Old 06-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #34
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Christine Grandma always says sometimes you have to hit rock bottom and be sliding around in a mud pit before you can find the ladder to be able to climb out. She also says she's found herself looking up to see bottom. Hang in there girl & pray. We'll continue to pray for you and be here for you, sounds like your getting local support and that will help a lot! Sorry to hear about the damn roof in the trailer, not cool. Is there any way you could get a job, part time, say at a walmart as a door greeter or something similar to give you a sense of purpose and something to do every day?

Emily congrats on the orange belt! How many more till you get your black belt?

Jacob asked yesterday if we could go to daily Mass today, so we're all up dressed, and eating breakfast & will be at Mass at 9am. Not sure what made him ask, but the girls all want to go too so we're going.
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-04-2010), jess_hawk (06-04-2010), The.Knitter (06-11-2010)
Old 06-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #35
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi friends,
Emmelyn has been talking to Amit. Please pray that she truly feels that this is NOT the man for her. He's so manipulative and makes her feel bad about herself. NOT marriage material for MY girl!
So this is really weird: I was at knit night at church and a new lady came. She's from the neighborhood and had an Indian accent. I was telling my friends that E & A broke up and that I was relieved b/c he was so controlling and I just wasn't comfortable with their relationship. To make a long story short, she's GOOD FRIENDS with A's family and met E at their house last weekend!!!! It was a bit awkward! She couldn't believe they broke up and even wondered if A's parents knew about it. If they didn't before, they will now! In the end, we agreed that they were too young to get married. They both have growing up to do, etc.....

Rache and Julie, I'm not pushing E to talk with me. You're right...she'll talk when she's ready. I did, however, give a mutual friend the heads-up about it and she may see E today.

Chris, good insights! Thanks for sharing.

Emily, congrats!

Christine, take each day as it comes. Thanks for sharing your struggles. I know we don't do much to ease your burdens, but at least we can "listen." I'm so glad you're getting support. And you know I'm happy you went to church! Remember that churches are not perfect, and neither are the people in them! But I'm SO glad they're helping you out! I hope insurance covers the trailer issues!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-04-2010), jess_hawk (06-04-2010), The.Knitter (06-11-2010)
Old 06-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #36
G J
Instepping Out

I almost forgot: I bought a pattern for a sweater. What do you think? It's called Nantucket Red, but mine won't be red unless I decide to overdye the yarn, which I just might do!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-04-2010)
Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #37
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Christine - as always. We're always here for you no matter what!

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
You have to take a test to be able to have your pants not fall down? I am soooooo confused

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
Emily congrats on the orange belt! How many more till you get your black belt?
Ummm... Green is next, then Blue, Purple, Red (one and two stripe reds, but I haven't figured out how that works), red and black, and black. So it will be a while.

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Please pray that she truly feels that this is NOT the man for her. He's so manipulative and makes her feel bad about herself. NOT marriage material for MY girl!
I'll keep praying for her.

I actually have a couple of relationship prayer requests too.
I've got one cousin getting married in a couple of weeks and another with a live-in boyfriend. I don't know either guy well enough to judge, but both of them made me uneasy when I met them and both girls (for different reasons) are ones who I could see getting themselves stuck in bad relationships. Divine supervision may be called for in both cases. Thank God the twins both found good guys.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-04-2010), The.Knitter (06-11-2010)
Old 06-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #38
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
I'm sitting outside watching Jacob and his buddy swim in the pool and it's nearing 100 here, hot, but I am enjoying it. Tonight is knitnight! I'm in need of it.
For those of you not on fb, I had to take Katie to the doc last night to have them remove a popcorn kernal from her nostril, crazy girl! She was scared to death & her nose had started swelling, glad it was a quick proceedure.

Gina how wild that that lady knew A's family. I'll keep praying for E to be strong! I think that sweater is very pretty & would look great on you! what color yarn do you have?

I haven't been knitting much, I'm not quite 1/2 way done with the second BSJ, now my one cousin who was sure she was having a boy is having a hard time seeing what the baby is in the ultrasound, and the doc is leaning towards a girl-not sure why. I asked her to find out what the heart beat is and she said she would next visit. The obgyn she's using does an ultrasound at each visit. Who knows I may have a boy sweater just waiting in the wings for someone...I'm going to send this cousin a sweater for sure. The other cousin may just get a hat and socks, not decided yet. The one cousin is having a girl & there are lots of pretty yarns out there for girls & cute hat patterns too.
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-17-2010)
Old 06-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #39
G J
Instepping Out

Wow. It's quiet on here!
I actually finished a knitting project! It's posted on Ravelry here, if you want to see it!

I miss y'all, but have been very busy making stuff for the house and tutoring and spending time with the family. I posted pictures on Facebook if anyone wants to see!

DD (E) had an interview today on the north side of Houston and there's a great outlet mall there that she likes, so we made a day of it. We had fun, but afterward, I was supposed to drop her off at a Bible study that she and A go to, only he didn't want to drive her home afterwards. He lives all of about 15 min. from our house, but he was too tired. I didn't say much, but my feeling was that the guy is a lazy loser who can't be bothered to go out of his way for someone he "loves". GRRRRR! She tried to make all kinds of arrangements for someone to pick her up, or even for her to drive her own car (an extra hour of driving on HER part), but nothing was going to work, so in the end, he agreed to drive her home. We'll see if he does!
She did get two job offers! One for our local district and another in Pasadena, about an hour from here.

DS just asked us what we thought if he proposed to his girlfriend while we're at my folks' place in WA! Whew!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-17-2010)
Old 06-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #40
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
So I finally gave in and let the doctor give me the anti-depressants (Celexa). BIG MISTAKE!!! For two days now I have had diarrhea, nauseous feelings, sleeping all the time and hurting everywhere. I think I am allergic to these things. I stopped them. I will try to weather this storm myself. We shall see how things go.

I'm too sick to even go to my physio, but hydrotherapy is just down the street and I am going to try to get to that today.

Thanks for all your support. It is VERY much appreciated.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-17-2010)