Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #11
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,764 Times in 7,132 Posts
I've washed my socks literally dozens of times and they are none the worse for wear. I put them in a laundry bag and toss in the washer and dryer.

There are some yarns and projects where it pays to be careful..lace for instance. And I almost always wash my projects after finishing.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #12
Crycket
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Skype™ to Crycket
I may not "wash" everything I knit, but I do soak everything I don't wash.

I love Eucalan. It is great stuff. I do all my soaking in a white bucket...and you can see how dirty the water is, even with something that looks clean!

Growing old is mandatory, growing UP is optional!
Crycket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #13
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,090 Times in 608 Posts
Ahhhahahaha...Lemme tell ya, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I suffer from hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) that effects mainly my hands and feet. Depending on how bad your sweating is will depend on what works, if anything. In my case the only thing that would help is surgery, but, there's no way in hell I'm gonna let 'em collapse a lung! There are a ton of different treatments but again, it depends on how badly you sweat.

Sometimes I can control my hand sweating by taking off my shoes and socks and sitting in front of a fan (if my feet can cool down my hands will usually be ok, at least for a little while). Try doing a search under "hyperhidrosis" on whatever search engine you use for more info...One site I like a lot and find incredibly helpful and informative is sweathelp.org, the website of the International Hyperhidrosis Society.

I've had this condition for as long as I can remember and only recently (well, within the past 7 or so years) found out the name for it. It's more common than most people realize, and, MUCH worse than your regular sweating with a workout or something...You don't even have to be exerting any energy at all and you can break out in a sweat! It's crazy, and difficult for people who don't suffer from hyperhidrosis to fully understand how difficult (and embarrassing!) it can be to live with.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote