Old 06-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
jdingler
Casting On

Help beginning knitter first big project
Im trying to make a hobo bag. The bottome of the bag is knit on circluar needles, but it is a flat rectangle. I have knit the entire bottom except going aroung the outside edge of the rectangle. This is where I am confused, how do i go around the corner with sts. from the top side still on the needle? I cant seem to get my mind around how to do this without binding off, But if I bind off how do i keep going around?
jdingler is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
You don't BO, but pick up sts around all the edges, and corners can be tight but doable. You may have to pull out the circular so there's kind of a loop in it to pick up the first sts on the side right below the last row you did. After you've picked up 8 sts or so, then pull on the other end of the needle to take out the loop and the corner will flex around it. Do this on every corner and after you have all the sts on the cord it should be fine after that.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
jdingler (06-27-2010)
Old 06-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
Abby123
Knitting the Flap

Okay, you make a rectangle for the bottom, worked back & forth, as if on straight needles. Then, you go back & pick up stitches along the finished edge (to turn the rectangle into a round.)
Abby123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
swatterson
Ribbing the Cuff

I have a hobo pattern featured on Domestic Diva. Just go to this link here and follow the links for Domestic Diva. If you have any trouble just email me.
Glad to help.
Interested in all things knitting and crochet. Blogs as knitnscribble. Writes online about knitting and crochet as Providence Knitting Examiner and on InfoBarrel. Also blogs on Wordpress. Follow her on Twitter.
swatterson is offline   Reply With Quote