Ooooh! J'adore Paris! You will love it!
Here's my list:
1. Le Musee D'Orsay -- this museum is full of Impressionist art, Art Nouveau and Art Deco. It's smaller than the Louvre and less intimidating.
2. L'Orangerie -- sit for a while and stare at Monet's Water Lilies. Divine!
3. If you are there on a Sunday morning head over to the Marché aux Oiseaux (the bird market.) All the other days, it's the flower market but on Sunday it's filled with birds and other small animals. It's right near Notre Dame.
4. If you can handle walking up a few hundred winding marble stairs (not kidding) check out the view from the towers of Notre Dame. Incredible.
5. Visit Montmatre. At dusk the view of the lights of Paris from Sacre Coeur is breathtaking. Butte en Vigne is a great restaurant there off the main square and less touristy (if that's possible!)
6. The Catacombs ( I know someone else mentioned them) are worth a trip. Be warned of lots of stairs and lots of walking.
7. Eat pastries at Lauderee. Especially the macarons. There are a few of them in Paris.
8. Have gelato at Amarino. There are a couple of them as well.
9. Have dinner at La Fourmi Ailée in the Latin Quarter.
Oh Gosh! Can you hide me in your suitcase and bring me along?
Here's a link to my blog posts about our trip to Paris last year if you are interested: Photobella's 365
Have fun! Dit "Bonjour" à Paris pour moi!