KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Summer Swappers (Swappers & Swappees Assigned) (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58663)

snephenie 05-15-2007 11:06 PM

Summer Swappers (Swappers & Swappees Assigned)

***IMPORTANT***
We are starting a new Yarn Swap!!! Yay!!!

***SUMMER SWAPPERS***

Please copy and paste this questionaire into an email and send to me at snephenie@gmail. Put YARN SWAP in the subject line please.

We will take sign ups until WED May 23rd. I will try to get everyone their partners by Friday the 26th.

We will be doing a TWO part swap. With the first package being YARN, I think a good date to mail this would be July 1st. That gives us a little over a month to get the package out.

Part Two will be either a knitted object (I think we should keep this simple as we are all at different levels in our knitting abilities) -OR- knitting related goodies. This should go out August 1st.

Here is to a fun filled summer filled with knitting, yarn and as always here on KH good friends!!!

If anyone has any proplems please PM or email me and do not post them here.

If anyone has any suggestions for changes feel free to let me know...I'm open.

(A special thank you to Kblue as I used your questionaire :muah:)

QUESTIONNAIRE
1. Your name (KH Screen name, first name, last name):

2. Your mailing address:

3. Your primary e-mail address:

4. If there are any problems with your questionnaire how would you like me (snephenie) to contact you? (Primary email or KnittingHelp PM)

5. Price category $5, $10, $15, $20-50:

6. Your preference on possibly SENDING to someone in another country?
(Donít Mind Sending or Prefer Not To)

7. Is your home smoke &/o pet-free?
(all yarn being given should be kept oderless and kept away for any kind of pets for allergy reasons)

8. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?

9. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?

10. Fiber preference?

11. Color preference?

12. Other interest?

13. Would you be willing to be a Back Up Secret Knitter for someone who is unable to send to their assigned Pal? (you would then have 2 people to give to)

rennfamily 05-16-2007 01:23 PM

I want in! I can't send a PM at the moment though.

marykz 05-16-2007 01:37 PM

I'm in, but can't find the pm button. I'm probably being dense... but where is it now? Thanks!!

rennfamily 05-16-2007 01:43 PM

If you click on the person's name it brings up a box of available things and one of them is send a PM.

sara_jayne 05-16-2007 01:44 PM

Mary - if you click the user's name over their avatar you'll get the option to send them a PM ;)

Sanibelle 05-16-2007 02:10 PM

I'm so in! I really love the ideas of a 2 part swap and I think it will be fun to knit something.

Thanks so much Snephanie for coordinating this.

Are we going tohave categories for the cost of yarn we want to swap like we did this last time???? I think that worked out great so no one felt obligated to spend more than they wanted to.

Lynn

jeanius80 05-16-2007 02:11 PM

sounds great. i think would like to join in too. we should have the guidelines written out first. price ranges for the yarn, and a range for the knitted item too. a questionaire, and deadlines for each portion of the swap :)

threesmom 05-16-2007 02:18 PM

:cheering: I want in too! I've been hoping someone would start another one - thanks snephenie! :cheering: I'll try pming you now...

marykz 05-16-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara_jayne (Post 855551)
Mary - if you click the user's name over their avatar you'll get the option to send them a PM ;)

thanks to both for the quick reply!!! (I AM a little dense today...)

at the risk of repeating myself, I worry my skillz don't meet the level of so many here. maybe a category for new knitters along with the cost/preferences? I'd hate for someone to send me something so beautiful that i"d be embarassed to send something of my own... Or maybe a theme for the knitted item to make in part II?

anyways... thanks again- off to try the pm...

PaperGirl 05-16-2007 02:36 PM

I would love to join too!