View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Knit On!
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montana
Posts: 27,765
Thanks: 160
Thanked 6,457 Times in 6,038 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
There is no continental stitch - that's a style of knitting that holds the yarn in the left hand rather than the right hand which is english style. The back of a knit stitch is a purl though, and the back of a purl is a knit. If you look at the row you just knit you'll see the Vs of the knit stitch. If you knit several rows and stretch them lengthwise you'll see the Vs in the valleys between the purl ridges.That's called garter stitch and is what you get when you knit or purl all the rows. To get the knits on one side and purls on the other side you have to alternate a knit row with a purl row.
sue- knitting heretic

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote