View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #31
Working the Gusset
Ballyconneely Shawl by Maggie Jackson
Coral 2 is such an intricate stitch - as you suggest, maybe a garter or stockinette stitch to contrast its complexity.
Originally I had miscalculated the dimensions of this shawl that was the previous project that visited the Frog Pond. I had done the lower rectangle in a lightly textured stitch "Little Corners"
overlapped by a ruffle of "Falling Snow"
continuing then with a number of rows of "Falling Snow"
While the project was waiting to be frogged I found Coral 2 and fell in love I am using a worsted weight merino wool, "malabrigo", color #68 violetas.
My plan is to incorporate the back and the front as one panel, which is different than Maggie Jackson's approach which I had described in a previous post.
So next step is to figure out the stitch pattern for the upper back and front sides. Once I settle on a stitch pattern I will be able to figure out the stitch count for the section directly on top of the Coral 2 panel ; then I will be able to
The linen yarn sounds lovely. Do you have a photo of the sweater posted anywhere that it can be viewed?
Artlady, I was wondering about your projects using the Japanese Feather stitch, have you posted photos?
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote