View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #34
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,898 Times in 3,019 Posts
I took a digital photo of the chart, loaded it into my laptop, then opened the photo with Paint. In the Paint app you can color in the boxes & symbols in the chart for quicker recognition as you knit along. After that Master Copy of my color coded chart was to my liking, I printed several copies, one for each width wise repeat. Then using a paper cutter I trimmed off the excess blank paper. Then taped the 'repeats' together at the area indicated in the written directions.

It gives a "true view" of what the row will really look . This is really really helpful when you're knitting a lace pattern sweater and armholes & neckline decreases start to bite into the width wise charted repeats. You need a true view of what's going on. At least I do anyway.

This Coral 2 pattern stitch was such a convoluted mystery...a hot mess. First due to the erroneous 18+5 originally stated. Secondly because the written directions are not very good, not clear, not conventionally stated.

I finally wrapped my brain around things by making those several copies of the chart.

I'm Artlady at:
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Antares (02-11-2013), claireweber (02-13-2013)