Old 12-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
Mom2Rebecca
Ribbing the Cuff

Is turning any different when in the round?
These are my directions for the hat I am knitting in the round:
Knit 21, wrap next stitch and turn
Knit 42 wrap next stitch and turn
So I think I figured out how to 'wrap next stitch' from watching the video, but I need to know if turning my work is simply turning it around like she shows on the video.
TIA
Jessica
Mom2Rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Yep. You do it the same way as with straights -- you'll be knitting on the wrong side (inside) of the work for a bit until you have to turn again.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,851 Times in 7,206 Posts
I've never had to wrap a stitch and turn on a hat on circs. What pattern is this?

OH WAIT... are you doing a hat on circs, but you're doing it FLAT? If so then that make sense.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

I was wondering where you got the idea she was making a hat, and then I realized that she mentioned it in the first line. That is interesting... the short rows could be for a brim, maybe. Or maybe the hat is longer in back than in the front or something. Earflaps? Probably too many stitches for that...

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
Mom2Rebecca
Ribbing the Cuff

It is the LTK earwarmer pattern, short rows for in the back to cover more of the neck
Jessica
Mom2Rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote