Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #1011
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,897 Times in 3,018 Posts
Originally Posted by madametj View Post
yes, it was auburnchick and the sweater bag, i remember!

Thank you Madametj! I thought so! Auburnchick was so cute holding that big bag over her shoulder! I always wondered what she did to remedy those shoulder straps! Maybe nothing YET! A person can get discouraged when a project turns out too big or too small. You just can't seem to get your steam going again. Been there, done that, too!

I'm Artlady at:
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #1012
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts

Yes, that was me...being weighted down by that humongous bag. The picture looked so cute on the model in the pattern too. False advertising, I say.

I never did anything about the straps. I just could not face the bag again after that fiasco. It's been hanging in my closet ever since I finished it.

I could just leave it as is and use it to warm my legs (like a sleeping bag) during soccer games this winter -- that's how big the thing is.

But, it really needs to be something else, I think. A future project though...I just can't face that yarn still...

Hey, ArtLady, the picture is absolutely gorgeous. ::::::::::::sigh:::::::::

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #1013
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Artlady~ Love the pictures!! That is such a beautiful place!!

knitwit628~ The only problem I've had with the socks is trying to read to much into the chart.. if you just do the chart and not think they are pretty easy... I tend to just jump in though...always have if I see something I wanna knit I just do it :rofling: and then come here for help when I need it...

I'm home from a wonderful visit with my family.. will be going back for the 4th and gone for 2wks.. then once again in Aug... after that won't be back home till Christmas.. and then the long period of waiting for school to be out again...

I finished mom's socks for her that I started over Christmas and left for her to finish lol... I have one potawhat sock done... and the rest of my knitting time is spent on the civil war shawl.. I decided for some reason to do 2 at the same time.. will give one to my grandmother for Christmas lol prolly be next Christmas... I'll get photos soon...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #1014
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
hrrmm I was going to just edit my last post to add the pictures but couldn't see how under edit

Here is chickami.. not a very good photo but dh isn't here and I have an old hal tree with a mirror... but this an antique so the mirror isn't very clear anymore :rofling:

Chickami~ I used breeze from Crystal Palace that I think is now discontinued.. has been in my stash forever and I still have some of this color left over...

Mom's socks~ I used Plymouth's Sockotta yarn from her stash last December lol...

The civil war shawl I'll post under the shawl along
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	chickami.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	40828  Click image for larger version

Name:	mom's socks.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	40829  

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #1015
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Hi Dustinac! Great photos! That really worked well, the mirror in the hall tree!

To edit...just click EDIT that is located below your post...then click GO ADVANCED...it will take you to the full monty.

The plain edit mode seems to be jumpy...and you are lucky if you can change a misspelled word! GO ADVANCED is the real deal. I've tried it a few times.

After clicking GO ADVANCED...you can scroll down and click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.

I'm Artlady at:
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-23-2007)
Old 06-23-2007, 05:43 PM   #1016
knitwit628
Knitting the Flap

Artlady- Your afghan will look so pretty once it's finished! Obviously a great stashbuster!

And nice socks Dustinac!

Right now I am working on a hat with scraps of Lamb's Pride bulky from my stash for the Dulaan Project! It is knit with dark and light purple in ribbing and might have to add a little pink at the top since I am running out of yarn. I'm not sure how it will look with a random color difference like that but it's probably all I can do at the moment. I have been sooooo busy this past week and had hardly any time to knit so it's taking me longer than I would have thought. Oh well. I am so close to finishing and will have it finished by tomorrow to send in the mail for the charity to receive before the deadline. :happydancing:
Mother Bear- Seaming!
Check out My Blog
I am kssunflower on Ravelry.
knitwit628 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitwit628 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-24-2007)
Old 06-24-2007, 12:43 AM   #1017
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
I posted this in Whatcha Knitting, but I thought I would post it here too...

This is my latest FO - Fan Lace socks.

I've been working on them for about three months. My college classes have kept me busy, so I only got to work on them on the weekends. Plus, I had completed one sock and realized it was too big, so I had to frog it and start over.

Anyhow, here they are! It's the pattern from SKS. They were my first toe-up socks. I made them out of Regia, and the color is Surf. They were done on size 2 dpns. Oh, and I did two different bind off's. I kind of experimented. One was the picot bind off from the second SKS book, but it was really hard, and I messed up on it. I did a ribbed bo for the second sock, but it's kind of tight. Lesson learned...

The first picture is a comparison of the first sock that I later frogged (on the right) and the second one (left) after I went down in needle size.

Here is the completed pair, in the correct gauge.

And a close-up of the pattern:

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #1018
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

Wow, those are beautiful!

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BostonBecca For This Useful Post:
auburnchick (06-24-2007)
Old 06-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #1019
misha rf

Nice socks, y'all!! And pretty blankets (and blankets-to-be)!

Still knitting squares (and rectangles). Nothin' major. Brainless knitting, which is perfect for my stressed out mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
auburnchick (06-25-2007)
Old 06-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #1020
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
I posted this in Whatcha Knitting, but I thought I would post it here too...

This is my latest FO - Fan Lace socks.

I've been working on them for about three months. My college classes have kept me busy, so I only got to work on them on the weekends. Plus, I had completed one sock and realized it was too big, so I had to frog it and start over.

Anyhow, here they are! It's the pattern from SKS. They were my first toe-up socks. I made them out of Regia, and the color is Surf. They were done on size 2 dpns. Oh, and I did two different bind off's. I kind of experimented. One was the picot bind off from the second SKS book, but it was really hard, and I messed up on it. I did a ribbed bo for the second sock, but it's kind of tight. Lesson learned...

The first picture is a comparison of the first sock that I later frogged (on the right) and the second one (left) after I went down in needle size.

Here is the completed pair, in the correct gauge.

And a close-up of the pattern:

Nathalie, you SUPER-WOMAN YOU! Those are the nicest socks! I am so yellous!!! (yes, that is yellow and jealous combined)
Here I been knittin since forever, and the only socks in my drawer are plain-ole-plain-oles from the sock bin at Nordstrom Rack! Now, how boring is that!? I really love the graduated colors of beiges and creams of your socks. It added a tiny bit of mystery behind the intricacy of your stitches! Grrr. I am so so so gonna take a Magic Loop sock class at my LYS. I am so cheap though. Classes are so darn pricey...like yer payin $30 per hour sometimes. I know, I know...our LYS's have to make money to stay in business. I'm not sayin they are wrong to charge $50-$60 for a sock class...I just keep thinkin to myself that I could teach myself from a book and KH videos...but then I never get to it...no motivation. Then I think how much yarn $50 would buy. It never ends....

Well, you have INSPIRED ME to do something to treat myself to a class! I obviously need the motivation of a group "how-to"!

I'm Artlady at:
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
auburnchick (06-25-2007)