Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #1221
madametj
Working the Gusset
 
madametj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: right here...right now...right here...right now...
Posts: 1,515
Thanks: 112
Thanked 98 Times in 54 Posts
Hey stashies! Alls i can say is its good to be back!!

any-ho, does anyone know what is wrong with my year of the stash button?
__________________
17-year-old knitter with two pointy sticks and plenty of attitude

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #1222
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 657
Thanks: 168
Thanked 45 Times in 36 Posts
Welcome back! I have been stash busting and buying reward yarn and having a great time knitting, but it is great to have you back on the stash busting thread!
__________________
My Blog: http://nenewbieknitter.blogspot.com/

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BostonBecca For This Useful Post:
madametj (10-10-2007)
Old 10-09-2007, 11:53 PM   #1223
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe
 
auburnchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,382
Thanks: 3,280
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Hey Madame! How's school going??
__________________
Nathalie - AuburnChick's Adventures

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #1224
madametj
Working the Gusset
 
madametj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: right here...right now...right here...right now...
Posts: 1,515
Thanks: 112
Thanked 98 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by BostonBecca View Post
Welcome back! I have been stash busting and buying reward yarn and having a great time knitting, but it is great to have you back on the stash busting thread!
Thanks so much Becca Great job with the stash busting!

Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
Hey Madame! How's school going??
well, actually, idk if i mentioned this b4, but due to homeschool credit problems, i'll be graduating a year later than i planned, so i'm a junior again

but on the bright side, I took up guitar this year, joined student counsel, cheerleading, yearbook, and i'm being considered for the National Honor Society!
__________________
17-year-old knitter with two pointy sticks and plenty of attitude

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:40 AM   #1225
ArtLady1981
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
ArtLady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kent, Washington
Posts: 10,514
Thanks: 5,266
Thanked 3,897 Times in 3,018 Posts
Originally Posted by madametj View Post
Thanks so much Becca Great job with the stash busting!



well, actually, idk if i mentioned this b4, but due to homeschool credit problems, i'll be graduating a year later than i planned, so i'm a junior again

but on the bright side, I took up guitar this year, joined student counsel, cheerleading, yearbook, and i'm being considered for the National Honor Society!
Hello madam! You are really a wonderful young woman! WOW you are busy! Well, take advantage of EVERY OPPORTUNITY that comes your way...while you have youth and energy on your side! TeeHee!

Luv the fact that you are with us once again!
__________________
Knitting Help Video Index

I'm Artlady at:
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
madametj (10-11-2007)
Old 10-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #1226
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe
 
auburnchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,382
Thanks: 3,280
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, but there is a purpose in everything.

Can't wait to see some FO's, when you have time!
__________________
Nathalie - AuburnChick's Adventures

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #1227
bravobabe
Casting On
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Tough One, but I'm on it
Hello all,

I'm fairly new and old to the forum. I joined a while back, but could never find the time knit and post. I just started back knitting with a vengence. It all came about when my husband declared we were having a garage sale and trotted out my bins on unused yarn.

We're talking yarn well hoarded and coveted. When he noticed that there were at least two bins that "somehow" never made it to the selling floor, he made me promise that since I really, really wanted to keep it I would have to use it. Or next year its history.

I have to admit some of the yarn I put up for sale was crap and needless alot of it remained unpurchased. I guess everyone's got crap yarn of their own.

So far, I managed to finish a bella paquita sweater with some thousand year old jiffy mohair yarn I dont think they make any more. So I'm on it. Off to the next stash.
bravobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #1228
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset
 
Mulderknitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Minneapolis, brr hot brr hot
Posts: 1,994
Thanks: 1,082
Thanked 526 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by bravobabe View Post
Hello all,

I'm fairly new and old to the forum. I joined a while back, but could never find the time knit and post. I just started back knitting with a vengence. It all came about when my husband declared we were having a garage sale and trotted out my bins on unused yarn.

We're talking yarn well hoarded and coveted. When he noticed that there were at least two bins that "somehow" never made it to the selling floor, he made me promise that since I really, really wanted to keep it I would have to use it. Or next year its history.

I have to admit some of the yarn I put up for sale was crap and needless alot of it remained unpurchased. I guess everyone's got crap yarn of their own.

So far, I managed to finish a bella paquita sweater with some thousand year old jiffy mohair yarn I dont think they make any more. So I'm on it. Off to the next stash.
I'm appalled! I would have drop kicked that DH so fast he would never know what hit him if he thought he would pick up MY yarn for the garage sale. Next year try selling his stash of tools or records or computer what not's.
__________________
I knit because the voices tell me to
My Groups:
Midwest preemies & babies
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #1229
madametj
Working the Gusset
 
madametj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: right here...right now...right here...right now...
Posts: 1,515
Thanks: 112
Thanked 98 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Hello madam! You are really a wonderful young woman! WOW you are busy! Well, take advantage of EVERY OPPORTUNITY that comes your way...while you have youth and energy on your side! TeeHee!

Luv the fact that you are with us once again!
thank you so much, you always give such nice compliments!

welcome back to KH bravobabe. you hold on to your stash for dear life!
__________________
17-year-old knitter with two pointy sticks and plenty of attitude

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #1230
madametj
Working the Gusset
 
madametj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: right here...right now...right here...right now...
Posts: 1,515
Thanks: 112
Thanked 98 Times in 54 Posts
The StashBuster thread has been updated! Now go bust some stash people! (the link is in my sig)
__________________
17-year-old knitter with two pointy sticks and plenty of attitude

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still "working on" reducing my crochet stash cheley Crochet! 12 06-20-2008 08:36 AM
What is "average" for a 4 year old in learning to read? Mommy22alyns The Lounge 25 01-01-2008 04:28 PM
FO: My stash yarn "Branching Out" scarf! ArtLady1981 What'cha Knittin'? 26 12-10-2007 07:17 PM
Knitters Aren't the Only Ones with A "Stash" christine General Knitting 7 08-20-2007 11:12 AM
Anyone have book "Knitter's Stash" candicane How-to Questions 4 02-07-2006 12:36 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.