Old 10-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #1231
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
So, has anyone been busy on any projects? Although my school term ended, I had to jump right into another term.

BUT, I have a booga bag OTN for my sister for Christmas. I've been taking it in the car and working on it at red lights on my way to work each day. I'm managing to get about a round done each day. Not fast progress, but progress none the less. This class term will end on Dec. 16th, so I can't wait to work on it. Plus, I'm taking three classes this term, so my plate is full once again.

Anyhow, y'all's pictures inspire me for when I'm completely done with school and can knit, knit, knit!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #1232
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,898 Times in 3,019 Posts
Hi AuburnChick!

I am currently knitting a Branching Out Scarf using leftover yarn from the OPAL cardigan I knit earlier in the year!

I also made 4 FABULOUS dishcloths for myself recently, using leftover yarn (white mercerized cotton from that KHAKI CABLES cardigan I knit earlier in the year)! Boy o boy! Even though the yarn is too expensive to go out and buy deliberately for dishcloths...it sure beats the quality of other cottons I have used in the past! These dishcloths are the best ones I ever made!

I finished a baby cardigan and bonnet last week, using lavendar cotton I acquired in a yarn swap! It is featured in Whatcha Knitting, under title FO: baby cardigan and hat.

And, I am working on 3 "rewards yarn" projects as well...two are scarves...and one is a BIG PROJECT...a Viking Cables Cardigan...I started it during the August Challenge. Sigh. It is taking so long because I keep making too many "side trips"! I worked faithfully on the BACK last week, over our week wilderness trip..our last trip until next May. The BACK of the cardigan is all stocking stitch. I am bored to tears...however, the yarn is yummy...the only payoff!
Both Fronts are done...so after the BACK is finally done...it is on to the sleeves...with cabled cuffs to make things more interesting!

I work on the 3 scarves to break the monotony! But, the BACK of the cardigan was good for traveling in the truck for six hours!

Stay in Touch!

Hugs,

Artlady

I'm Artlady at:
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #1233
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Wowser!!! You're a busy lady! I've been too busy to keep up with FOs posted in Whatcha Knitting, unfortunately. I'm sure I've missed more beautiful pictures of your work.

I have another Branching Out OTN -- for a friend who made my daughter a soccer scrapbook for her birthday. Alas, though, it waits in the wings. It's not a project you can pick up and work, unfocused. It needs a lot of TLC, so I'll probably finish it during my Christmas vacation -- a solid two weeks of no school! I cannot wait!

The dishcloths sound wonderful. I still have the pattern you sent me way back when...probably around the time you started this thread. I plan to make some once school is done for good...wanna have a Knitting Party with me when I graduate??

Anyhow, it's nice to hear from you. You've been WAY too quiet! All I hear is the sound of those knitting needles working furiously! Lucky you!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #1234
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

You guys can see my sock progress and baby blanket progress on my blog!

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #1235
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by BostonBecca View Post
You guys can see my sock progress and baby blanket progress on my blog!
Hi Becca! Loved reading through your BLOG site! Great photos...of everything from food to scenery, with an occasional cat thrown in for spice! Wow, wonderful receiving those two books from this mysterious "M" individual!!
M is for MmmmmagnificientMan perhaps??!!

Anyhoo....the knitting looks wonderful...and is progressing at a nice pace! Afterall...you're a very busy hardworking young woman!! I don't know how you do it!

Kudos to you!

I'm Artlady at:
Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #1236
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

Thank you ArtLady!

I feel like I don't have as much time to knit as I would like!

I don't know how you continuously turn out such gorgeous handknits, it's highly impressive to me.

M stand for Michael or my magnificent man.

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:45 PM   #1237
Yarnmouse
Casting On

I have no idea if I'm doing this right, as this is the first time I've posted on KH. However, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time. I really appreciate all your chat and suggestions on using up stash. I currently have a 10ft x 20ft storage unit full of yarn, as well as a craft room stuffed with yarn and a bunch stored in my mom's basement. Think I have a problem? I'm using it up as fast as I can, mostly making charity projects. However, I am still making yarn purchases, even though I'm not buying it nearly as much as I used to. I really need to start reducing the stash as SABLE was surpassed ages ago.
EnjoY!
Tammy
Yarnmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:31 AM   #1238
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Yarnmouse View Post
I have no idea if I'm doing this right, as this is the first time I've posted on KH. However, I've been lurking on this thread for a long time. I really appreciate all your chat and suggestions on using up stash. I currently have a 10ft x 20ft storage unit full of yarn, as well as a craft room stuffed with yarn and a bunch stored in my mom's basement. Think I have a problem? I'm using it up as fast as I can, mostly making charity projects. However, I am still making yarn purchases, even though I'm not buying it nearly as much as I used to. I really need to start reducing the stash as SABLE was surpassed ages ago.
EnjoY!
Tammy
Hi Tammy!

Welcome aboard the Stash Train! Hey, I was reading the best book recently! It is called Mason-Dixon Knitting. Have you seen it?
Mason Dixon Knitting

Anyway, these two friends have a lot of patterns and such that will use up stash. I was especially impressed with their "Log cabin" blanket. The concept is so way easy...so seaming...you start at the middle and work out. You can use random bits of stash, or "plan" a color concept. They have lots of examples. They said that they always have a log cabin going. As soon as they finish a project...they knit the remaining yarn into/onto their log cabin! (Probably same weight yarn)

Nice to meet a new Stash Sister! Keep in touch...and by being "Stash Minded"...you will release all that precious stash yarn from what I call "Yarn Jail"!

I'm Artlady at:
Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #1239
Yarnmouse
Casting On

I was especially impressed with their "Log cabin" blanket. The concept is so way easy...so seaming...you start at the middle and work out. You can use random bits of stash, or "plan" a color concept. They have lots of examples. They said that they always have a log cabin going. As soon as they finish a project...they knit the remaining yarn into/onto their log cabin! (Probably same weight yarn)

Yes, I love that book! I have made many log cabins, was well as other items from that book. My favorite way to do the log cabins is to start with a picture dishcloth as the center square. You just knit the dishcloth as normal, using whatever yarn you are going to have for the afghan. Then you start doing the log cabin strips along the edges, just like normal. They come out really nice and are especially good for babies and children. However I've also made them for adults, depending on the picture and the colors.

Hope this helps you use up stash!

Enjoy!
Tammy
Yarnmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yarnmouse For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-19-2007), jeanius80 (11-20-2007)
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #1240
Braden
Instepping Out

YOTS is drawing to a close isn't it? Will there be a Year Of The Stash 2008?

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote