Old 03-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #521
SabrinaJL
Turning the Heel

Ok, so far from my stash I've made 4 bears, a Corset-T, socks, a booga bag and a Snuggle. But I accidentally bought 8 skeins of yarn today. My excuse is I actually bought it for a specific project and I needed these colors.

My blog.

SabrinaJL is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #522
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Originally Posted by SabrinaJL
Ok, so far from my stash I've made 4 bears, a Corset-T, socks, a booga bag and a Snuggle. But I accidentally bought 8 skeins of yarn today. My excuse is I actually bought it for a specific project and I needed these colors.
How do you "accidentally" buy yarn?

I "accidentally" bought yarn online a couple of days ago while I was on the internet. Must have been the new browser's fault.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:19 PM   #523
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by CarmenIbanez
I haven't made anything from my stash. Instead, I sold it all! Yep. Almost my entire stash is gone. And now I have a couple hundred buck to spend on new yarn. Is that bad?
I forgot to mention that I gave a bunch away for charity knitting too! That's the best part. I don't make enough time for charity knitting as I should, so at least I support other charity knitters! Now I just need to get it to the post office today!
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #524
lissalue
Instepping Out

i haven't been around for a while. first i lost the thread in it's move, then i just haven't been here much period. i am doing okay at the stash busting. i did buy some WOTA from carmenibanez but it was too good of a deal to pass up. and i bought some for an irish hiking scarf, but i am getting paid to make that. and my dh got me some for our anniversary, but i haven't bought any reward yarn cause i haven't been finishing many projects. i am using some of my stash to work on the charity oddball blanket, so that makes me feel good.

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #525
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by lissalue
i haven't been around for a while. first i lost the thread in it's move, then i just haven't been here much period. i am doing okay at the stash busting. i did buy some WOTA from carmenibanez but it was too good of a deal to pass up. and i bought some for an irish hiking scarf, but i am getting paid to make that. and my dh got me some for our anniversary, but i haven't bought any reward yarn cause i haven't been finishing many projects. i am using some of my stash to work on the charity oddball blanket, so that makes me feel good.
Maybe I should have paid more attention to your posts and realized you were part of this KAL. Maybe I shouldn't have sold to you? I feel like a dealer now. Hey little girl, want some WOTA? Come on, everyone is making clogs, you should too. You can start with just a little? It won't hurt any one......
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #526
lissalue
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by CarmenIbanez
Originally Posted by lissalue
Maybe I should have paid more attention to your posts and realized you were part of this KAL. Maybe I shouldn't have sold to you? I feel like a dealer now. Hey little girl, want some WOTA? Come on, everyone is making clogs, you should too. You can start with just a little? It won't hurt any one......
lol! you weren't dealing any more than i was looking for a fix. i should know better than to go to the buy/sell/swap forum, but i just can't keep myself away.

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #527
misha rf

I've been plugging along...I did a neck warmer, which used a skein of the wool-ease thick & quick. I had some of the regular wool-ease left over from a scarf (about an ounce) and made a little earwarmer/headband thingie. And my first hat ever is on the needles! It's another skein of the thick & quick. These are all going (along with another scarf I did last month) to the Knitting for Dulaan people. I'm still working on my purple scarf, though. Knitting ADD is baaaad.

Once I get pics, I'll post 'em.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #528
HeatherFeather
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherFeather
I threw the towel in already for the competition...

like Silver said....unimpressed by the lack of organization.....sigh....
I had reasonable questions, that went unanswered....soooooo don't have time for that....

Then...I wanted to think of my OWN competiton, and run it they way that I'D like it to be run....lol.....

And I thought...hey Stashies.....how about we have a "most projects completed with our stash contest"

But not so much a contest, but a place we could go to track our completed projects? And give kudos....good idea? dumb idea? I just want to work for the greater good of getting projects on and off the needles with our stash...and put my "money" where my mouth is and see if something like this CAN be done efficiently.

whatcha think?

I've just set up a spreadsheet for the Stashies to keep track. I do have a google account, so it was easy for me to set up. So, here are a couple things off the top of my head.

1)If you need a google account, let me know,I've got lots of invitations.
2)You need to be a "colaborator" in order to participate, so email (pm me with your email) and I'll make sure you are on the list.
3)if you don't want to join, but want to just look, that's OK....the link in a second will be posted in my signature.
and 4) This is a running total of your completed projects. I've divided it up into months, and everyone has a spot for their name. Just update your total for the month as you complete a project.

I'm SUCH a visual person so this will for sure help me!!! And might motivate someone else too.....

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #529
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

Almost done with a project!
I have too many things OTN. However, I am almost finished with the wristwarmers I have been making. I stitched up the first one so that is completely done, but the second one still needs to be stitched into a tube and I need to sew the thumb gusset pieces together as well. I also have two scarves OTN which are for people I will be visiting in Portland, OR this weekend and part of next week, so I need to get those done! I had a very limited amount of free time this weekend, as the boyfriend's legal comedy show was this weekend and so was his birthday! However, once I am done with them I can get myself some reward yarn! Yay! I think I am going to hit up some of the knitting cafes that are in Portland. I think that is such a cool idea.

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #530
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I'm still working away on my socks and baby afghan... after I finish all this I want to do a reward project.. the dollar and half in Interweave knits

HeatherFeather.. are we starting with March or can we go back and look and see what all we have done since Jan?

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote