It's all my fault, really. I was so desperate to make this top (well, my version of it anyways), and when I went to buy the yarn they didn't have enough of a single dye lot for what I needed. I inspected the yarn that they had there and picked two dye lots to mix that I could NOT honestly see any difference in. When I started actually knitting with the second dye lot, at first it looked fine. I thought I could see a bit of a difference, but especially when I tried it on the colour switch wasn't that bad because of female curves and all that
, BUT now that I'm 4-5" into the second lot, it is VERY obvious that this just isn't going to work.
So it is being ripped. I am totally bummed out. But I've learned my lesson