Learn how to knit with free knitting videos!
Grab your knitting needles and yarn, and learn a new knitting skill the easy way: by watching! Start by learning the knitting basics such as Long Tail cast-on and the knit and purl stitches. Those three techniques make up the vast majority of any knitting project, so pat yourself on the back. From there you'll probably want to learn a couple of increases and decreases, and check out our knitting tips page. To finish your project, you'll need to learn advanced knitting techniques. If you get stuck along the way or just want to chat with other knitters, drop by our friendly online knitting forum. And if you're looking for your next knitting project, come browse our free knitting patterns directory.
Beginner Knitting Video
How to Knit: A Complete Introduction for Beginners Part 1
Grab your knitting needles and yarn and get ready to learn how to knit! How to Knit: A complete introduction for beginners is a step-by-step tutorial for new knitters to follow along and learn to knit. The complete video is 45 minutes long and jam packed with knitting know-how for the new knitter.
Now Available in Our Shop
- Thoughtfully packaged set includes needles in the 9 most useful sizes plus cords in a variety of lengths.
- Radiant color assortment for easy identification
- Lightweight, strong & durable needles
- Perfect points, flawlessly tapered - ideal for all yarns and every project
- Polished wood surface works effortlessly with every type of yarn without slowing down knitting rhythm
- Easy to connect cord with a smooth join that enables stitches to glide easily – no snag!
- Resilient, flexible cords lay flat, with no kink or twist – easy to store
- Comes in a convenient to store and carry case, made of clear vinyl case. Read more...
Knitting Chatter ;)
- Got the hang of long tail cast on!!! - 1 reply
- Can any of you lovely knitters help me please? :) - 4 replies
- What Does a Color Represent? - 5 replies
- Free project included in Nov. 2013 issue of Let's Knit Magazine! - 11 replies
- Easy, very easy sweater pattern - 3 replies
- Suggestions for a circular needle set to purchase - 7 replies
- 3 Needle Bind Off for my blanket(is it possible?) - 8 replies
- Your first needles? - 12 replies