Learn how to knit with free knitting videos!
Grab your knitting needles and yarn, and learn a new knitting skill the easy way: by watching! Start by learning the knitting basics such as Long Tail cast-on and the knit and purl stitches. Those three techniques make up the vast majority of any knitting project, so pat yourself on the back. From there you'll probably want to learn a couple of increases and decreases, and check out our knitting tips page. To finish your project, you'll need to learn how to bind-off. When you're ready for even more excitement, delve into some advanced knitting techniques. If you get stuck along the way or just want to chat with other knitters, drop by our friendly online knitting forum. And if you're looking for your next knitting project, come browse our free knitting patterns directory.
Beginner Knitting Video
How to Knit: A Complete Introduction for Beginners Part 1
Grab your knitting needles and yarn and get ready to learn how to knit! How to Knit: A complete introduction for beginners is a step-by-step tutorial for new knitters to follow along and learn to knit. The complete video is 45 minutes long and jam packed with knitting know-how for the new knitter.
Now Available in Our Shop
- Thoughtfully packaged set includes needles in the 7 most useful sizes plus cords in a variety of length
- The cuboid shape in square cross-section gradually gives way to perfectly tapered birch wood needle points
- Elegant densified laminated Symfonie Rose wood is rich in appearance, yet lightweight, strong & flexible
- Unique ergonomic shape provides comfort to the hand and yields uniform stitch formation
- Polished wood surface works effortlessly with every type of yarn without slowing down knitting rhythm
- Warm to the touch, and gentle in the hand
- Perfect for beginners too – provide easy grip and control over your knitting
- Easy to connect cord with a smooth join that enables easy stitch glide and no snagging
- Resilient, flexible cords lay flat, with no kink or twist – easy to store
- Needle size is measured diagonally –fits into standard needle sizer just like round needles
- The knitter's favorite needle: Providing hours of pleasurable knitting with no hand fatigue